[mythtv-users] Myth Shopping Network [was: Cheap drive]

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Mar 30 00:24:43 EST 2004

On Mar 29, 2004, at 12:37, John Sturgeon wrote:

> Also, since you now have an HDTV capable monitor, you should consider
> a VGA->Component adapter  You'll wonder why you ever thought S-Video
> was good.

I second that. Component kicks the living spit out of SVid.

> http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=9A60 (by the
> way, the cables at Pacific Cable are awesome, and incredibly well
> priced)

That's where I got mine. They're just 10 minutes down the road from my
house, so I actually picked it up in person. The folks there are great
(esp. Dave). And yeah, gold-connector cables on par with Monster (or
better, never been that impressed with anything Monster, except for
what they get people to pay) for 1/4 the price.

> Adam and Lori Walker wrote:
>
>> Also finally got myth on my new Philips 60" rear-projection HDTV and
>> it
>> looks great, runs like a champ.
>> Used old Compaq athlon 2000 but it is super fast.  I really recommend
>> pvr250
>> and
>> MADDOG Predator MX440 it looks PERFECT even using SVIDEO. The video
>> quality
>> is better than the fx cards..

That'll vary heavily from one MX440 to another, FX to FX, etc., so I
don't think it isn't really a blanket statement that the output of an
MX is better than an FX. Though I've only used MX and 4 Ti cards (all
looked good except the cheap Jaton POS I chucked).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/