[mythtv-users] "i" (info) display during live tv

Ian Batterbee ian.batterbee at aut.ac.nz
Mon Mar 29 06:04:16 EST 2004

This may be a silly question, but regarding the text that appears at the
bottom of the screen when you press "i" (or after changing channels)...
is it normal for it to use no linebreaks and truncate the program
description when it hits the right side of the screen ?

It would be nice if I could drop the font size a little, or if the box
was a bit taller and allowed multiple lines. Changing the font size in
myth settings seems to make no difference to that text.

For example, right now, when I press "i", I see

TV4
C4 Presents
Live concerts and TV specials from the biggest artists. Toni

There's an unprintable rectangle before the word Toni, which I assume is
a carriage return that wasn't interpreted. It would be nice if it used
the next line, and if I could read the rest of the description. Looking
in the database directly reveals that it is supposed to read "Tonight:
Guns'n' Roses"