[mythtv-users] Success - KnoppMyth + 2.6.4

Len Reed lreed at linuxcare.com
Sun Mar 28 11:39:18 EST 2004

Hi David (and anyone else dealing with 2.6.4 and ivtv),

I can't get the ivtv.ko to load.  dmesg shows resolved issues with buffers:

tuner: chip found at addr 0xc2 i2c-bus bt878 #0 [sw]
tuner: type set to 21 (Temic NTSC (4039 FR5)) by bt878 #0 [sw]
tuner: type already set to 21, ignoring request for 29
ivtv: Unknown symbol yuv_buffers
ivtv: Unknown symbol mpg_buffers
ivtv: Unknown symbol vbi_buffers
ivtv: Unknown symbol dec_yuv_buffers
ivtv: Unknown symbol dec_mpg_buffers

I figure I'm omitting something simple here, since the patched drivers
compiled fine.  Perhaps there's a conflict with the other capture card,
but I doubt that's the problem since it doesn't even have mpg_buffers.

Details on setup:
PVR250 (that's why I need ivtv)

Stock 2.6.4 kernel on top of Fedora core 1 (various changes to init
scripts).

LVM2 and xfs for the video filesytem (shouldn't be relevant to this)

Also have a frame grabber card (Hauppauge WINTV bt878); uses bttv;
capturing audio from that card (not using jumper to sound board).

System works great on the frame grabber card, even with the PVR250 also
present.

PVR250 worked fined in another computer running myth and 2.4.24 (or 25,
I forget) kernel.  It was the sole card.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this,
Len