[mythtv-users] Success - KnoppMyth + 2.6.4

David myth at dgreaves.com
Tue Mar 30 09:15:01 EST 2004

Hmm - well, the good news is it works fine for me so it should be fixable ;)

Have you done a
   modprobe -v ivtv
Which should tell you the insmod command and path that it's using.
I get:
  insmod /lib/modules/2.6.4/extra/ivtv.ko tuner=1 ivtv_debug=1 ivtv_pal=1

Also what does:
  modinfo ivtv
say?

What modules do you install? (shouldn't matter since the symbols are
only used in ivtv.ko)

My (PAL oriented) mantra (in modprobe.conf - via
/etc/modprobe.d/KnoppMyth for my distro) is:
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv tuner=1 ivtv_pal=1
options tuner type=1
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=2 pal=1
install mythtv \
               /sbin/modprobe i2c-core &&\
               /sbin/modprobe i2c-algo-bit &&\
               /sbin/modprobe tuner &&\
               /sbin/modprobe msp3400 &&\
               /sbin/modprobe ivtv &&\
               /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb &&\
               /sbin/modprobe saa7115 &&\
               /sbin/modprobe saa7127 &&\
               /usr/local/bin/test_ioctl -d /dev/video0 -u 0xff

remove mythtv \
               /sbin/rmmod ivtv-fb &&\
               /sbin/rmmod ivtv &&\
               /sbin/rmmod saa7127 &&\
               /sbin/rmmod msp3400 &&\
               /sbin/rmmod saa7115 &&\
               /sbin/rmmod tuner &&\
               /sbin/rmmod i2c-algo-bit &&\
               /sbin/rmmod i2c-core

This order works for me and allows me to do:
modprobe mythtv
and
modprobe -r mythtv

I haven't trimmed this down yet.