[mythtv-users] remote control not working with xine

malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 24 23:34:55 EST 2004

I have native lirc compiled in Myth and that works fine.  However I can't
get lirc to work with Xine.

I have a .lircrc file in ~/.lircrc and ~/.mythtv/.lircrc (not sure which
location is correct).

Not quite sure where to trouble shoot this or where to look?  I did read the
man page for Xine and it says xine has to be compiled with lirc support.  Is
the Xine in Mandrake 9.2 compiled with lirc support?  Does anyone know.

Another thing I though of is: If xine was compiled with lirc support from
Mandrake does it matter that I had to remove Mandrake's lirc and compile a
newer version.  Would that break something?

Is my best bet to just compile xine from source?

Thanks
Malcolm