[mythtv-users] can't change the channel

chuck cferring at comcast.net
Thu Mar 25 00:20:06 EST 2004

I looked through the archives and I've seen similar issues but I haven't
found a solution there.  Up until recently I was able to change the
channel in myth without a problem but now I can't change the channel.
I'm using a pvr 250 and ptune.pl changes the channel just fine.

When I try to change the channel the it pauses for a moment like it's
trying to change the channel, then it resumes.  When the OSD comes up
there is no program info.  I went into the program guide and it appears
to be correctly populated.

My system is mandrake 9.1 with ivtv with myth 14 and ivtv 1.9.  Below is
the error output from when I tried to change the channel 3 times:

Input #0, mpeg, from
'rbuf://127.0.0.1:6543/var/myth/buffer/ringbuf1.nuv':
  Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, 720x480, 29.97 fps
  Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 384 kb/s
QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
[mpeg2video @ 0x8259ba8]ac-tex damaged at 12 27
[mpeg2video @ 0x8259ba8]concealing errors
[mpeg2video @ 0x8259ba8]Warning MVs not available

the "QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range" error seems to
happen twice each time I attempt to change the channel.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Thanks,

-Chuck