Subject: [mythtv-users] Avermedia UltraTV PCI 300. Will it work with MythTV? KnoppMyth?

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Sat Mar 20 23:58:32 EST 2004

It might, but for less money than the "UltraTV" you can get a m179...
almost 2, and have hardware mpeg2 encoding.

The "ultra" series are simple dumb capture cards, and I was shocked at
the prices Avermedia is asking for them.

I also have no idea if the chipset is supported under linux, but the
m179s cards ARE. I fully intent to buy 2 next payday to replace my
AverTV Stereo, which may go in another system I'm setting up for a
relative.

--
Gregory J. McGee <gjmcgee at cableone.net>