Subject: [mythtv-users] Problems installing avidemux

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Sat Mar 20 23:41:24 EST 2004

Build from source. apt-get is good, but the latest versions of the
software are very likely not available. Once the deps are in place, it
will build fine with a ./configure && make && make install. The
configure output will tell you what dev packages to apt-get...

If you don't want to go there, you can force the overwrite, doable from
dpkg IIRC. I'm no longer running Debian, so the dpkg man pages aren't
handy, but it is pretty simple. synaptic may have some force options in
its lovely gui, but I know it's doable from the command line.

The latest version of avidemux, 2 2.0.22 is likely the one you want, as
it has mpeg2PS (vob) export capability... unless you have done all the
updates to get up to debian unstable, you will have fun apt-getting the
deps, but it's probably doable.
(gtk+-2.0-devel etc)

Disclaimer: I'm most recently running Mandrake Cooker, and using thacs
mandrake 10 rpms.(was using the 9.2 ones with no issues)
MDK10-Community  is just a limited cooker snapshot from a few weeks
back... Blank disk to recording in mythtv in ~30 minutes, having had
practice setting up, etc.

The MDK 10 RPMs on thac are new (like as of today or yesterday): I don't
think his hdlist.cz is current, so I justused Mozilla and  dl'd them
locally, used rpm to install. (I really should just set up a local
source) his 9.2 ones seemed to work fine, and are complete.

(Not to start a distro war, just my personal observations)

--
Gregory J. McGee <gjmcgee at cableone.net>