[mythtv-users] S-Video Output PVR250 or PVR350???

malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Sat Mar 20 11:41:53 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Niklas Brunlid" <nbr at ticalc.org>
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 8:52 PM

> I've read this a couple of times now, and in my case it just isn't true -
> I watch DVD:s (through Xine) and video files (through mplayer) on my 350
> often, and the framebuffer is definately fast enough. I get some tearing,
> particularly (sp?) in slow-panning scenes and action sequences, but I
> suspect that it isn't speed but rather framesynching that's the issue.
>
> / Niklas

What speed processor do you have?  I upgraded my Myth box from a PIII 500 to
a Celeron 2.4Ghz and I still can't play DVDs through the 350's frame buffer.
I can tell it's faster than the 500Mhz box but the video is still jumpy and
the sound is skipping and my CPU is pegged at 100%.

What does your CPU usage look like when playing a DVD?

Thanks
Malcolm