[mythtv-users] Problem with TV-Card

Vasileios Gkanis gkanis at cems.umn.edu
Sat Mar 20 00:28:55 EST 2004

Hi,

I think I broke the Tv-Card. What happens is that the quality of the picture
for some channels (specifically above 65) is very poor (you know with snow).
How do I know that this has to do with the Tv-Card, and to be more precise
with the tuner, you may ask. Well, this is because I am responsible for it.
You see, I wanted to make sure that the cable is screwed all the way on and
for that I used something like a wrench (I know, not a smart move). A
consequence of my action is that now the metallic thing on which the cable is
screwed on and which is connected to the tuner can freely rotate. I believe
this explains why the quality of the picture is poor for some channels (I do
not really know why isn't it for all the channels).

Is somebody outthere who knows about these things and can give me some
informations about how to fix the damage? Of course, the possibility of
sending it to the company (Ati) is also open, but I was hoping to fix it by
myself so that I do not have to pay for it. Moreover, I have no idea if the
warrantee covers it. Another possible solution is to buy a new Tv-Card,
but ....  Well, we see ....

Thank you,
Vasilis