[mythtv-users] Success, except for the remote.

Chris Thompson ct-myth at cthompson.com
Fri Mar 19 10:56:05 EST 2004

Dan Conti (dconti at acm.wwu.edu) wrote:
> I am not well versed on lircrc stuff - what does repeat=X do? limit the
> number of repeat events from a single key? When you use repeat=4 do you
> still get some number of repeat events?
> It might be something simple to fix, and i can look into it if get a better
> idea of what you guys are seeing.

Dan,

I was just taking my info from the following thread...

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=106508

Which is what prompted me to buy the newegg MCE remote in the first place.

if I have no repeat= line per keypress then I'm getting incredibly fast
repeats. Mythfrontend fires up, I hit Enter on TV and it repeats past "Live
TV". Hit down and I'm four items down the list. In Live TV trying to set
any channel by number is almost impossible. I tried hitting "212" to go to
NFL Network on my DirecTV box and myth got 2221122. Trying over and over, I
only managed to get 212 once. (Though I did once manage to get 2112, which
is a killer album by Rush, but doesn't help me.)

So I added a repeat=0 to everything except volup and voldown which got
repeat=3.

>From that myth list archive, and based on docs at...

http://www.lirc.org/html/configure.html#lircrc_format

It looks like repeat = 0 is supposed to mean "Ignore any repeats", and it's
supposed to default to 0.

I also played setting high repeat values, and stopped at 8 and still had
repeat problems. I thought of setting it to like 50, but figured that since
it wasn't doing what it was supposed to do, I'd stop and ask.

The frontend box is pretty darn close to Jarod's own setup. Chaintech
7NIF2, Athlon Barton 2500+. FC1 set to Jarod's docs, including all of
Axel's apt-rpm goodness.

lirc is from atrpms...

lirc-lib-0.7.0-20_cvs20040208.rhfc1.at
lirc-kmdl-2.4.22-1.2174.nptl_37.rhfc1.at-0.7.0-20_cvs20040208.rhfc1.at
lirc-0.7.0-20_cvs20040208.rhfc1.at

Which one would assume is a pull of lirc CVS from Feb 8.

Help me Obi-Wan Danconti, you're my only hope!