[mythtv-users] Starting myth

Patrik Lockne patrik at lockne.com
Thu Mar 18 07:13:24 EST 2004

Patrick Reynolds wrote:
> Same as you: init runs 'su mythtv startx'

While we're at it I'd like to complicate matters somewhat. I use my
computer both for MythTV and for other work. I'd like to start gdm on
one of my outputs (DVI) and mythfrontend on the other (VGA - connected
to the TV).

How do I accomplish this? Start a separate X server as my myth user on
the second output?

Anyone who's done this? As you might tell, my knowledge in configuring
XFree86 is limited.

I'm using Fedora Core 1 on an ASUS Pundit (using the onboard video).

/Patrik