[mythtv-users] S-ATA Card recommendation

david.blevins at visi.com david.blevins at visi.com
Mon Mar 15 02:21:28 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 10:20:11PM -0800, Steve Dorsey wrote:
>  I have 2 SATA drives and an Intel D845EBT Mobo. I'd like to use the
> drives on my MythTV box. Can anyone recommend a good cheap PCI SATA
> card which will be fully Linux compatible and will work with MythTV?

Not cheap, but very nice.  I'm running an Adaptec 2410SA SATA RAID
card with four drives.  There are Adaptec supported drivers for Red
Hat and SuSE.  I'm running RH 9 and bought the card primarily for RAID
5 and and the fact that the card itself can rebuild the RAID if a drive
fails.

A cheaper route, which you may like better if you never plan on
getting another SATA drive, is the 1210SA card.  It only supports two
disks, but does do RAID 0 and 1.  That one also has Adaptec supported
drivers for Red Hat and SuSE.

Nice thing about vendor supported drivers is that you can call tech
support if you have any trouble installing the card.

--
David Blevins