[mythtv-users] Re: 7NIF2 + PVR 250 total system lockup w/mythbackend

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Mar 14 20:56:27 EST 2004

On Mar 14, 2004, at 16:37, Shane Hetzel wrote:

> What's the problems with the gentoo-sources? What are you using
> instead,
> Ryan?

This one was beaten to death on the list a few months back. There are
big problems with APIC and nForce2 motherboards. Any kernel with APIC
enabled is likely to lock up an nForce2 board. Search the archives for
more info (look for "nForce2 APIC" and you should turn up a ton). You
*can* use the gentoo-sources, just make sure APIC is disabled in your
kernel .config file before you compile.

> I'm running 2.4.20-r8 and don't have any problems (that I know of!).
> Although when I tried to update the kernel recently, lirc didn't want
> come along for the ride. No big, deal, but I haven't had time to
> attempt it
> again so I don't have any answers there.

You probably don't have APIC enabled in that kernel, would be my guess.

> Also, I unmasked the mythtv 0.14 ebuilds and ran with them. They seem
> to be
> just fine so far.

They work here too.

--