[mythtv-users] lirc-dev?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Mar 14 20:44:13 EST 2004

On Mar 13, 2004, at 22:04, Matt Hannan wrote:

> I do not seem to be able to do the
>
> # /sbin/modprobe lirc_dev
> modprobe: Can't locate module lirc_dev
> # /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
> modprobe: Can't locate module lirc_i2c
>
> parts of Jarod's guide. Errors included.
>
> Hauppauge Grey.
> lirc-0.7.0-25_cvs20040311.rh9.at
> so, all the rest as of that release.

What do you get from the output of:

# rpm -qa | grep lirc

?

The behavior you're seeing would be typical of only having the base
package installed, without the appropriate lirc-kmdl-`uname -r`
installed.

> PS..Come on Jarod! Take a day off from the RHCE biz and do up the new
> MythTV doc!!!  ;-)

I'd love to. However, work is just a wee bit hectic right now. Big
deadline at the end of this week, then things should settle down enough
that I can throw together a good-sized update. It doesn't help that I
just blew the power supply and apparently also the motherboard in my
Linux workstation either (Enermax 465W PSU, Tyan Tiger MPX mobo). There
goes $300 down the crapper, not to mention the time fixing it... :-\

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/