[mythtv-users] Video Quality

Jared Luxenberg ziplux at comcast.net
Thu Mar 11 23:36:07 EST 2004

What was involved in the "lots of tweaking?"  Did you make changes to the XV
picture controls?  If you're happy with the video output, what filters are
you using and what video card are you using for TV-out?  Are you using an
interlaced mode for TV out?

Sorry about all the questions, but I too have done A/B comparisons between
the regular TV and MythTV and I am not satisfied with the "jumpiness" of the
MythTV recording.  I'm willing to do/buy pretty much anything if it will
make the video seem more "fluid," and I'd be interested to know what your
setup is like.  I've heard that a PVR-350 may be the way to go, because of
the superior quality of its video-output.

- Jared