[mythtv-users] Video Quality

David Rees drees at greenhydrant.com
Fri Mar 12 03:51:57 EST 2004

Jared Luxenberg wrote, On 3/11/2004 8:36 PM:
> What was involved in the "lots of tweaking?"  Did you make changes to the XV
> picture controls?  If you're happy with the video output, what filters are
> you using and what video card are you using for TV-out?  Are you using an
> interlaced mode for TV out?

Here's what I'm using with my PVR-250... Not quite as good as plain TV,
but pretty close and doesn't use too much storage space:

Duron 800, Nvidia FX 5200.  Using the de-interlace filter.

448x480 (I need to try 480x480 again for comparison, I don't remember
why I started using 448) 3200mpeg2 bitrate, 4400 mpeg2 max bitrate.

-Dave