[mythtv-users] mysql problems and setup

Buechler, Mark R Mark_R_Buechler at bausch.com
Thu Mar 11 13:51:21 EST 2004

Mysql isn't properly setup.. you need to first change the root password then
add the mythtv account. Take a look at the mysql install docs and start
where it tells you to change the root password with mysqladmin. If you don't
know how to setup a new user then you could always use root/<whatever> where
<whatever> is the password you just set. Change these in
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt.

- Mark.