[mythtv-users] mysql problems and setup

Danny Meehl d_meehl at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 13:15:13 EST 2004

I am having serious problems getting MythTV to work on my Slackware9.1 box.
I ran through the mysql setup many times. I am up to the point where I need
to run the MythTV setup. Here is what I get when I run it::

root at Cratosville:/home/cratos# /usr/local/mythtv-0.14/setup/setup
Unable to connect to database!
Driver error was [1/1045]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using password: YES)

Unable to open database:
Driver error was:
QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using password: YES)

Seems like Mysql is broken. What could be the problem?

-Dan