[mythtv-users] Pundit: High CPU - are these values sane ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Thu Mar 11 07:12:36 EST 2004

Hi,

I've upgraded to kde3.2 , upgrade X (and then downgrade again, put new
sisdrv in it) but now I can't get previous performance of system (video was
played fluently, low cpu % from X).

Now I have cpu between 20-30% on AVI and 40-50% on mpeg2 recorded from pvr
350.

I'm no Suse 9.0, so I guess mtrr is enabled by default and I don't now where
to look further.

I've tried:
xvtest gives approx 230 FPS.
x11perf shmoput500 gives 210/sec

I don't know what to see in xvinfo but it shows no problem at least to
"blind" person like me.

It seems like HW scaling is off, but don't know what to check or repair to
get it working. If I try mplayer with -vo x11 in takes less cpu (6-8%), but
when I do -vo xv it goes to described percentages and it also won't scale to
fullscreen.

I've tried to restore XF86Config but obviously turned some modules on that
gave me some hard freezes so am not happy to try further. Could you please
send me example config that works with XV so I'll take a further look for
problem.

Any other hint, check up to do ?

Thanks in advance,

Robert.