[mythtv-users] Backend crashing/locking up

Poobah poobah at techsquadron.com
Wed Mar 10 00:14:08 EST 2004

Mike,
	I had a very similar problem, but my kernel log had an error in
the ivtv driver with "giving up pending DMA clear."  It also died within
5-10 seconds.  Turned out to be a IRQ conflict between one of the
PVR-250 capture cards and one of the 2 netcards I had in the backend
(the one that the frontend streamed off of).   I switched my alias eth0
and alias eth1 in /etc/modules.conf and the Ethernet cables - it works
great now.  I found the conflict through lspci -v.

	The other thing I found in searching for it is that the ivtv
driver is not SMP friendly, but that wasn't a factor in my case.

Hope you find it!

Mark Hanson