[mythtv-users] Experience w/ Chaintech AV-710 Sound Card

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Tue Mar 9 17:44:12 EST 2004

Does anyone have any experience using the Chaintech AV-710 sound card in
Linux, or more importantly, within MythTV? It looks very promising since it
offers a digital optical output built onto the back bracket of the card.
According to Newegg.com
(http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=29-120-103&catalo
g=57&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1) it uses a Via Envy chipset. Are there any
compatibilty problems known with this chipset? Any information would be
apprechiated; I was planning on using an old Sound Blaster Live that I have
in the closet, but would consider picking this up if I have any problems
(I'm not 100% that the card was working when it was removed).

Thanks for any info,

Nate