[mythtv-users] Z key (commercial skip) behavior changed in currentCVS when commercial skip set to notify only?

Bruce C. Dillahunty bdillahu at peachbush.com
Tue Mar 9 15:17:29 EST 2004

> New behavior:
>
> - Z brings up the "Edit program" OSD message and
>   a pair of up/down arrows.
>
> - No other keys seem to be active other than Esc.
>   Esc resumes where playback left off.
>
> On a system with commercial skip set to on, Z
> skips past the next cut point as it always has.
>
> Am I missing something?  (Most likely the answer
> is yes :)

Well, I don't know how its supposed to work, but in playing around, it
seemed that this "Edit program" is the start of a menu... if you go
up/down and get "on" the "Edit program", you can hit <ENTER> on a keyboard
(I don't know what that would be mapped to) and it drops you into edit
mode, just as if you had hit "E".

Bruce