[mythtv-users] MythMusic "scan for new music" Locks system

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon Mar 8 22:02:58 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 08:35:35PM -0500, Cam Vertesi wrote:
> This could very well be an NFS problem.  For scanning such a large
> amount of information, you'll want to fix up your NFS settings.  First
> of all, turn ON asynchronous writes.  There are all sorts of performance
> optimizations that you should look at, just google for them.
>
> I suggest this because this sounds like a typical NFS lockup.  One side
> is waiting for the other to complete a request.   It will wait forever,
> and depending on your mounts, will freeze the entire system.  You might
> want to try just waiting for a couple of hours...

Good cacth.

Turned out that you were on the correcttrack. I had changed from a PCI
Intel NIC to a USB dongle one over the weekend, in an atempt to cure some
heating problems (I put a slot fan in the NIC's slot). Going back to the
Intel card seems to have improved things, I'm up to 9% now.

Thanks for the ehlp.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin