[mythtv-users] PVR250 / TV IR Remote Conflict & Conflict Resolution

Nathan Reeves nathan_reeves at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 22:09:21 EST 2004

Two questions I hope someone can help with...

1) Finally got hold of a PVR250 and installed it in
place of my Winfast TVXP2000 bt848 card (quality
difference or what!  PVR250 definately worth the
cost).  Everything's working fine, but I've found that
the IR control for the PVR250 appears to be using the
same IR channel as my TV.  If I try and change
channels using the Hauppage controller, my TV changes
channels along with the PVR250.  Is there any way of
getting an IR setup so that it's not going to conflict
with my TV and still be usable with the PVR card, or
will I need to move to another IR receiver (eg Serial
receiver) with lirc?

2) I've seen this problem around, but not sure I've
seen a final answer.  I've set a global pre and post
recording time of 300 seconds for every recording so I
always capture a full showing of a show.  Problem is
that if I now choose to record two shows which show
back to back (different channels), the second show is
marked as deactivated in the conflict resolution
chart.  Is there any way of getting both programs
recording, realising that I'll miss 300 seconds from
the beginning of the second show?

Apart from these small issues, Myth rocks.  Especially
for places like Australia where Tivo (or anything like
it) doesn't yet exist.

Thanks

Nathan