[mythtv-users] @ X sessions?

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Mar 7 12:14:51 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 08:12:40AM -0500, jose rubio wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 15:28, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
> > On 06 Mar 2004 07:15:07 -0500, jose rubio <debian at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Look at my XF86Config file (attached)
> >
> > I tried to use it merged with my own - I run on the Pundit's internal gfx
> > card to drive my monitor and a PVR350 to drive the TV. Everytime I try to
> > run on the attached config the computer locks up hard and won't respond to
> > anythong except the power button :(
> >
> > > Have you read the file ivtv-fb.c?  The begining of it is a HOWTO on
> > > setting up X to run this way.
> >
> > Doesn't look that updated to me... :)
> >
> > Section "ServerLayout"
> >
> >    Screen 0 "Screen 1"                      # << (your computer monitor)
> >
> >    # (add the following line)
> >    Screen 1 "TV Screen" RightOf "Screen 1"  # << (TV screen)

> > EndSection
> >
> > / Niklas
> > ----
> >
> They should have used better names for the screens but i don't think it
> is outdated.
>
> Anyway, i looked through your xconfig file, i did not see anyting wrong
> with it but i'm not an expert either...
>
> You said that your computer lock's up when you start x?  That should not
> be happening (to state the obvious :-) but seriously, can you not even
> ssh into the machine?

If I said that I was wrong. Here's the problem description:

I'm getting an X server on the TV monitor, but just a black
bacground on the computer monitr. The mose will not move off
of the TV monitor, so I'm pretty certain that X knows
it has only 1 "head". And I'm getting this error message:

(WW) RADEON: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:0)
found
(EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid argument

> How are you starting x?  have you tried booting into text mode and then
> just

Just "X" will reproduce the problem. If I do startx then mythfronted comes
up on the TV monitor. The primary problem is that I'm not getting a X
session on the computer monitor, just a blacj black screen.

The machine is not loacked up, sorry if I made you think thta.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin