[mythtv-users] nuvexport quality issues

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Mar 5 10:47:44 EST 2004

I've been using nuvexport to create DIVX files.

My tuner is the ATI TV Wonder VE, so there's no hardware encoding.

When I export anything other than divx, nuvexport returns immediately
without producing output.

When I export divx, (128 audio, 1500 video - edited nuvexport scripts to
include the high-quality option as mentioned elsewhere) the quality is
great for most of the movie, but then all of a sudden it will pixelate
something awful for anywhere from 2 to 30 seconds - then just as
suddenly the quality is back to perfect.

It's not regular.  Sometimes it does appear to be associated with a lot
of movement, but not often.  It can happen right in the middle of a
mostly static scene.

Any ideas.

-Tony