[mythtv-users] choosing among these GeForce4s (help me)

Franco net.surfer at tiscali.it
Thu Mar 4 17:24:24 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to get an end to my decisional process for
buying the hardware for my future mythbox. I'm buying the
stuff from these guys:
	http://www.axiontech.com/
and I've already decided nearly all the pieces.
Still missing the video card.
If you type "GeForce4 MX440" on the search field on the left,
you get 30 items (argh!) and even if you restrict the search
like: "GeForce4 MX440 8x 64MB" you still get 16 items...
could you help me choose among these 16 ?

I would discard the last four ("special order" and "TV tuner"),
what about the others?

I'd like one which is know for being able to run fan-less
without problems. I see that some are shipped without a fan,
but this doesn't mean they don't need one...

BTW, I see many of these card include an MPEG hardware decoder.
Is that hardware wasted, under Linux, or is it possible to use it?
Nvidia claims to have "linux drivers"...

Thank you,
Franco
e-mail: net.surfer at tiscali.it