[mythtv-users] Chaintech 7nif2 and sound

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Thu Mar 4 15:39:09 EST 2004

To answer the rest of my question, just found the answer.  Nforce does not
do hardware mixing.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=110183;search_s
tring=pdif%20passthrough;guest=2509046&t=search_engine#110183

This was only going to be an issue for me because I don't use mythmusic for
music, but when mfd comes around I probably will again.  So no biggee...

I'm still unclear if my version of my SB Live! does 5.1... I'm pretty sure
it does.  And even then, not sure if it will support ac3 passthrough.  Off
to do more research...