[mythtv-users] Adding Channel to database

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Mar 4 01:17:22 EST 2004

ME wrote:
> I am not a very experienced Linux user. I am trying to add channel 3 to
> my system so that I can use the RF input for recording from my satellite
> box (unfortunately s-video and composite are out of the question).

First, make sure that you are solving the right problem. Are
there listings for your satellite available from zap2it? If so,
you should run the "setup" program again (answer "no" to the
first two questions) and create a new Video Source for your
satellite listings. Next, go to Input Connections, choose the
input, choose your new source and set the "preset" channel to
"3" and add the external channel changing script for whatever
IR blaster or serial connection you are using to control your
satellite box.

> Please feel free to go into detail on adding a channel.

If you don't have a way to control the box and you just want
to add a temporary channel just to see that you can record from
the box, create a source with no valid listings, set the input
connection, then go to Channel Editor to add a bogus channel 3.

--  bjm