[mythtv-users] Playing AAC music (.m4a) in MythMusic

Bernard Mentink ebike at paradise.net.nz
Wed Mar 3 23:13:47 EST 2004

Hi All, (re-posting here, as no response from dev list)

Is it possible to play some of my imported iTunes music (AAC) with

I have put them into the same directory structure together with my mps's
and ogg
files, however a directory scan does not even list them in MythMusic.

Mplayer can play them fine, it uses the faad lib. Any chance of MythMusic
supporting .m4a by using this lib?

In the interim, is there a linux utiliy/lib that can convert .m4a into
ogg, it's
not something I really want to do though .. more losses etc. I suspect
can do it, but can't find the correct parameters.

Many Thanks,
Bernard Mentink