[mythtv-users] MythTV BES (Back-end-scaler) support.

Bernard Mentink ebike at paradise.net.nz
Wed Mar 3 23:12:10 EST 2004

Hi All, (posted here as no response from dev list...)

Is there any possibility to have MythTV support VIDIX and thus the various
back-end scalers on graphics cards? I have a matrox G550, and when I use
the
xmga-dev driver via a "-vo xmga" parameter call to mplayer, I get better
than
15% reduction in CPU use, i.e playing DVD's Video's etc.

Unfortunatly MythTV only supports the xv driver, so I cannot use VIDIX or
xmga
when using MythTV which is the most CPU intensive task and could benifit
 from
the extra 15% CPU reduction.

Any chance of adding VIDIX support as a feature request ..... pretty
please ;-)

Thanks.
Bernard Mentink