[mythtv-users] New version of windows filters for mythtv

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Wed Mar 3 11:09:35 EST 2004

Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
> > Torbjörn Jansson wrote:

> > I had also noticed that I couldn't seek in the files.  Is this
> > only true if I'm not accessing the file through the backend?
> What kind of file is it? A mpeg2 or nupplevideo (mpeg4/rtjpeg)

These would be nupplevideo (mpeg4) files automatically transcoded
from mpeg2.  I also believe I tried with an mpeg4 file from my
analog card and couldn't seek in it either.

> If it's a nupplevideo file, a few different things coud have happened.
>
> If mythbackend crashes before it has finished recording, no
> seektable will
> be written to the file. If that's the case, then the nuv spliter
> filter will
> try to rebuild the seektable by reading the whole file, but if it
> is using
> the network filter that reads from mythbackend it will not try to
> scan the
> file because that woud cause preformance problems.

Mythbackend didn't crash during any of the recordings I tried (in fact
I rarely have a problem with the backend outside of ivtv issues).
Could it have been because of the transcoding?  I can't try it now
because I'm running myth cvs and I don't have the necessary apps to
compile your cvs ds filters.  Could you make a binary available?  I'd
love to try it.

Thanks,
Bob