[mythtv-users] Where does mythtv get the frequencies from?

Claus M. Christiansen a at skjern-net.dk
Tue Mar 2 14:22:07 EST 2004

gkanis at cems.umn.edu wrote:

>Which driver do you use to control the tv-card?

I'm using the ivtv driver and I loaded it with:

  modprobe i2c-core
  modprobe i2c-algo-bit
  modprobe tuner type=1
  insmod msp3400.o once=1 simple=1 standard=0x08
  modprobe tda9887 pal=g
  modprobe videodev
  insmod saa7115.o
  insmod saa7127.o enable_output=1 output_select=0 pal=1
  insmod ivtv.o tda9887=1
  ../utils/test_ioctl -u 0xff
  ../utils/test_ioctl -f width=720,height=576

I see some channels but the mayor part of them is just noise. I know
that it should be possible to change channels with the ptune-ui.pl that
came with the ivtv driver but doesn't mythtv have its own channel info?!

Are you loading the driver with the right parameters?

I think so but perhaps I should try to change the tuner type. That might
be the wrong one...

Claus