[mythtv-users] Re: SUSE 9.0 rpms

Øystein Olsen oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no
Tue Mar 2 13:14:58 EST 2004

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 15:18, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 07:48:37PM +0100, Øystein Olsen wrote:
> > I've built a few rpms for SUSE 9.0 and I would appreciate if  somebody
> > would help me with testing these rpms. There are a few issues regarding
> > these rpms:
> >
> >  - I had to build a qt-rpm for MythTV since SUSE's version dosn't work
> > with mythtv.  It installs into /usr/local/lib/qt3, and should not
> > interfere with anything else. Only MythTV_qt should be necessary. If you
> > want to compile stuff yourself, you'll need thedevel packages also.
> >
> > - The spec-files are shamelessly based on the on rpms for fedora
> > (http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de), but they're stilling missing a few
> > things. The mythtv package has for instance not been split into to
> > -devel, -doc, -backend, ... yet. It will happend, but probably not to
> > soon. The same rebuild-options are available though.
>
> can the changes be merged back into ATrpms, so that the same src.rpms
> build on Red Hat/Fedora and SuSE?

It should be possible. There are a few dependencies that are different, so we
need to define BuildRequires and Requires statements based on distro. There
is also the questions of linking against qt, some settings.pro (mythdvd &
mythmusic) must be modified to allow for all features and the desktop entries
should be modified. It would be possible to send a rebuild-options  to
rpmbuild, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go.

> > - When the rpms stabelize, I'll create an apt-repository
> > - The rpms are here: http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/RPM_SUSE9.0/MyhTV/
> >
> > I hope somebody will find them usefull.
>
> I am sure many will! Thanks!
>
> I'd be willing to host them at atrpms at the same level as the Red
> Hat/Fedora rpms (replacing fedora-1-i386 with suse-9.0-i386).

I would like that very much.  What would be the best way to upload them to
atrpms? (I'm currently rebuilding the rpms.)

> The
> Mandrake developer is also interested in having common src.rpms. :)

The questions is of course how much the specs must be modified and how to deal
with the differences in the distros, but that is slightly off-topic for the
mythtv-user list.

--
Øystein Olsen, oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no