[mythtv-users] Re: SUSE 9.0 rpms

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 2 09:18:54 EST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 07:48:37PM +0100, Øystein Olsen wrote:
> I've built a few rpms for SUSE 9.0 and I would appreciate if  somebody would
> help me with testing these rpms. There are a few issues regarding these rpms:
>
>  - I had to build a qt-rpm for MythTV since SUSE's version dosn't work with
> mythtv.  It installs into /usr/local/lib/qt3, and should not interfere with
> anything else. Only MythTV_qt should be necessary. If you want to compile
> stuff yourself, you'll need thedevel packages also.
>
> - The spec-files are shamelessly based on the on rpms for fedora
> (http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de), but they're stilling missing a few
> things. The mythtv package has for instance not been split into to -devel,
> -doc, -backend, ... yet. It will happend, but probably not to soon. The same
> rebuild-options are available though.

can the changes be merged back into ATrpms, so that the same src.rpms
build on Red Hat/Fedora and SuSE?

> - When the rpms stabelize, I'll create an apt-repository
> - The rpms are here: http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/RPM_SUSE9.0/MyhTV/
>
> I hope somebody will find them usefull.

I am sure many will! Thanks!

I'd be willing to host them at atrpms at the same level as the Red
Hat/Fedora rpms (replacing fedora-1-i386 with suse-9.0-i386). The
Mandrake developer is also interested in having common src.rpms. :)
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de