[mythtv-users] Programs that run too long

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 1 20:58:18 EST 2004

>>>>> Bill Oberman writes:

b> I was wondering how people handled programs that run too long, for
b> example, the Oscars.  I know I should I remembered ahead of time and
b> added a per show "extend the end time" setting (whatever it's called
b> under advanced recording properties), but I forgot.  I started watching
b> the show, and realized my mistake.  The recording itself hadn't caught
b> up to the end yet (I was about an hour off real time).  So I went to the
b> advanced recording screen, and set "extend the end time".  But, it seems
b> that once the recording starts, Myth no longer looks at that setting?
b> At 8:30 my recording stopped, and I scrambled to start a new one.

        Well, you could have done this (set it to record the show in
the next time slot) at any time.  That's what I usually do if I
realize the current recording might run past its scheduled time.  It's
not as nice for archiving purposes (because there is more than one nuv
file) but it's good enough if you just wanted to watch it.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.