[mythtv-users] OT: wireless 802.11g pci suggestions

Franco net.surfer at tiscalinet.it
Mon Jun 28 10:59:29 EDT 2004

> I need to use wireless to access one of my MythTV boxes

>> I've been down this road, and before I start, I want to warn you.
>> I'm unhappy with 802.11g in general, and frankly I don't recommend
>> using it unless running cable is really, really onerous or outright
>> impossible.  Wireless is expensive, finicky, annoying, slow, and prone to
>> constant, aggravating trouble.

I have to confirm that since I switched to 802.11g hardware
I'm facing lot of unespected trouble; however, I also
have to say that 802.11b worked flawlessly instead.

As the 802.11g cards usually have a 802.11b compatibility mode,
I'm thinking to force the cards to run in 11b mode,
as a last resort before trashing them in the junk bin.
Anybody tried this?

Franco