[mythtv-users] IR transmitter

pete tyrstag at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 26 11:45:23 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 10:59, Jason Elwell wrote:
> I ran into the same problem as you. I think the guide is distribution
> specific...I am running Gentoo, and don't' have '/sbin/update-modules'.
> And Gentoo also uses a different system for handling init scripts. Im
> assuming that command is comparable to Gentoo's modules-update???  I
> stopped at that point and as of now I am manually setting the serial
> port driver and modprobing the ledxmit_serial module.
>
> Hope that helps
> Jason

I agree that it's distro specific, it's intended for knoppmyth/debian.
After a lot of surfing, I'm pretty sure that "update-modules" is debian
specific.

I think my problems are more related to the unresolved symbols. It
compiled and installed without any errors, so I don't know why I'm
getting them.

You had no problems like that?

depmod -a gives errors, as does modprobe.

--Pete