[mythtv-users] Hardware ideas

David Wood obsidian at panix.com
Thu Jun 24 17:20:55 EDT 2004

This is really helpful, thanks! You reminded me just now that I've seen
other success stories about the 9200 as well. Sounds like that's the card
to get.

I did have my doubts about the mx440 s-video quality. I've been fighting
with "afterthought" s-video on nvidia cards for a while (I've had two).
The latter, ti4400, is passable but that's in windows.

Now I'm definitely leaning towards software encoding+decoding. Cheaper and
perhaps better?