[mythtv-users] Problem recording AC3 from DVB-T

Kenneth Aafløy lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Wed Jun 23 13:13:04 EDT 2004

Hi Hamish,

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 16:49, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Detecting AC3 in received DVB seems a bit tricky. Have a Google for
> KaxTV, which is a tool that can do it.
>
> As to Myth misdetecting the audio as Layer 1, I'd wonder whether that
> matters in practice? Does it alter the data stream, or just stream it to
> disk anyway?

I'm thinking this might be caused by a quickfix that was put in for the sake
of bringing the mythtv player through channel changes painlessly.

The function below will incorrectly label an ac3 stream in the audio pids
field as a normal PES audio stream. The problem with moving the ac3 pid
elswhere is that a patch went in a long time ago, and that was not written
with a missing audio pid in mind, so it'll segfault. If you could test either
ifdef'ing out the audio stuff below, then test a channel with ac3 as audio
pid. Or have one mpeg2 audio pid in the audio pid field and a ac3 pid in the
other field (here libavcodec should at least list the ac3 stream). Or is
there more to it than this?

Kenneth

void DVBRecorder::CorrectStreamNumber(ipack* ip, int pid)
{
    for (unsigned int i=0; i<chan_opts.pids.audio.size(); i++)
        if (chan_opts.pids.audio[i] == pid)
            ip->cid = 0xC0 + i;

    for (unsigned int i=0; i<chan_opts.pids.video.size(); i++)
        if (chan_opts.pids.video[i] == pid)
            ip->cid = 0xE0 + i;
}