[mythtv-users] No sound in LiveTV

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Jun 23 13:04:20 EDT 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Francois Gouget wrote:
[...]
> So MythTV changes the audio format but I have no idea why or how to
> prevent it from doing it.
[...]

Replying to myself again. It's strange, I've been having this problem
for about a week and now that I publically ask for help I find the
solution.

It was indeed a problem with the transcoding settings. In the PVR
transocding settings the sound settings were set to 32kHz and MPEG Layer
1. I'm pretty sure this was the default but it just doesn't work. The
only setting which works with my card (PVR-350) is 48kHz and MPEG Layer
2.

Now I have sound again in Live TV mode.

               Dieu dit: "M-x Lumi\xE8re". Et la lumi\xE8re fut.