[mythtv-users] No Sound with nForce chipset <--- FIXED!

Ryan Allen ryan at the-summit.net
Mon Jun 21 17:22:08 EDT 2004

Hi all,

    Thanks for the support.  Unfortunately, nobody's help pointed me in
    the right direction.  There seems to be a lot of conflicting info
    out there, along with a few dead end threads.  I even saw a post
    somewhere of "Do you have nForce chipset, a PVR x50 and the CD rom
    as the master device on the secondary interface????"  with no follow
    up.  (That is my exact setup, so what was up with that).

    ANYHOW, I had to:

    I DISABLED in setup:
    USE HW XVMC MPEG DECODING
    (which was on by default)