[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport doesn't transcode entire movie

Chris Vargas ceenvee at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 19 16:06:54 EDT 2004

Some more data for this problem... hopefully this will
be more helpful in troubleshooting the problem.

First, for some reason, the lilo.conf boot settings
mentioned earlier in this thread resulted in my
scheduled recordings all being 0 MB long. I reverted
back to my previous lilo.conf and all is well again as
far as recordings go.

Second, I did run all three of the command lines from
nuvencode's --debug option. The only one that gave any
obvious error was mythtranscode, but it only reported
"segmentation fault." No other info as far as I could
tell.

Third, thanks for the 'screen' hint, especially the
ctrl-A esc key sequence. I created a new screen, ran
nuvexport in it, and scrolled back through. Here are
the last few lines it reported:

-----------

[demuxer.c] (pid=2203) '0xba010000' not yet
supported1:00, ( 8| 1| 0)
(extract_mpeg2.c) missing start code at
0x168000000:11:04, ( 7| 1| 0)
(extract_mpeg2.c) broken stream - skipping data
(decode_mpeg2.c) video write failed.

clean up | frame threads | unload modules | cancel
signal | internal threads | done
[transcode] encoded 17499 frames (0 dropped, 0
cloned), clip length 583.88 s

Encode lasted: 11m 37s

Thanks for using nuvexport!

BTW, I also installed latest versions of transcode and
lame; didn't help.

Hopefully this will help with troubleshooting this--I
don't have much of an idea what to do from here.
Thanks again, I do appreciate it.