[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase duplicating / recreating channels

Greisberger Christophe mythtv at greisberger.net
Sat Jun 19 13:54:09 EDT 2004

Hi, I have again a problem. This time with mythfilldatabase.

It seems that my bi-standard / bi-language setup mystify mythtv ;-)

I finished the installation for 3 days, with channels creation and so on...
I grabbed my channels from 2 programs : tv_grab_fr & tv_grab_de_tvtoday
    1. I selected the available channels with mythfilldatabase --manual
    2. All my channels have a valid xmltvid
    3. Some of the channels exist in the french and in the german programs.
       I selected it then in the "native" language program, and NOT in the
       other.

But now every day, with the following command in my crontab :
    /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --no-delete --quiet
The channels that exist both in the french and in the german programs are
duplicated, one of them half unitialized (no TV Format, no Channel Number, no
Callsign, no Frequency ID).

Is there a way to avoid this?

Since the new channels get a chanid > 100, I can delete them easily
# mysql -u root -p mythconverg
mysql> delete from channel where chanid > 100;
mysql> delete from program where chanid > 100;
mysql> exit

But that't not the right solution since I have to do it every day...

--
Christophe Greisberger