[mythtv-users] lircrc & KDE Lockups

pete stagman tyrstag at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 18 10:01:55 EDT 2004

Hello? is this thing on? Bueller . . .Bueller?  :)

Ok, after messing with the Hauppauge "black remote" for a couple days, I
have come to the conclusion that it is worthless for use with MythTV.

I have a couple options

1) Try to setup my dishnetwork remote to use the pvr-250 receiver. Has
anybody tried this? did you get it to work?

2) I have heard that newegg.com has a WindoseXP MCE remote/blaster that
supposedly works with lirc/mythtv.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=80-100-201&depa=0
Has anybody tried that and got it to work?
I would rather do this as then i could use the blaster to control my
DishNet receiver.

3) Any other suggestions?
This myth box was built with spare parts I had kicking around the house.
It's a test system to get everything working before I build the "REAL"
system. so, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a remote yet. At $30
the windose remote/blaster looks like a great option.

--Pete