[mythtv-users] Jared, Axel, Issac, LIRC and the Actisys 200L IR Blaster

Scott Schuster schuster671 at mac.com
Fri Jun 18 07:41:18 EDT 2004

I'm a humble Linux and Mythtv newbie. I have, after some steep learning, successfuly built a mythtv PVR 250 all-in-one system by following Jared's guide, and using Axel's RPMs. The Hauppauge grey remote works -- I'm all good with "analog cable." Mythtv 15.1 works great.

Trouble is, I have Comcast digital cable and want to change channels on the settop box(I could not get the serial cable to work). I just got the Actisys 200L IR blaster in the post -- here's my question. Do I need to remove the working LIRC module I got from Axel and compile a new one to be able to use the change-channel script for my DCT2000?  If yes, how do I best approach that task without hosing up my lovely creation?

I've googled extensively and can't sort out the right approach. Any suggestions? What additional info must I provide?