[mythtv-users] Re:Best linux OS for mythtv

Clint Gilders techservices at onlinehobbyist.com
Tue Jun 15 16:06:57 EDT 2004

Alexander Petkov wrote:
>>What about knoppmyth? This seems rather redundant because knoppmyth is already
>
> a small, easy to use distro for mythtv.
>
> How small? How much HD space is taken after the install?

clint at mythtv:~ $ df -h
/dev/hda1             2.1G  1.4G  549M  72% /
/dev/root.old         2.2M  342K  1.8M  16% /initrd
/dev/hda3             3.1G   24K  3.1G   1% /cache
/dev/hda4              14G   33M   14G   1% /myth

This is a fresh install on a 20GB harddrive that I figure I'll run as a
remote frontend.   The only thing I've done that might take a bit more
room than the default install is untar the kernel sources (207 MB).

--
Clint Gilders <techservices at onlinehobbyist.com>
Director of Technology Services