[mythtv-users] Re: Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 17, Issue 57

Alexander Petkov ap154036 at cue1.umt.edu
Mon Jun 14 23:42:01 EDT 2004

I think an issue here will be performance.

I am also a Suse user, and I find it quite bloated, which I think degrades overall performance. Currently my 2 Myth boxes have Suse 8.2, but I am looking at something more lightweight (Vector Linux comes to mind). Suse definitely makes the Myth install sort of easy--most of the prerequisites are on the CDs.

OTOH, Mepis might be worth a try--easy to install and configure, Myth install is a 1-liner with apt-get, and it has a 2.6 kernel and a recent KDE release. Still, after install, / partition was over 2 Gigs.