[mythtv-users] sound but no video

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 14 20:19:58 EDT 2004

Brian May wrote:

>    Khanh> I've been running ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck70k for some time now
>    Khanh> with no problems, however recently I started noticing that
>    Khanh> when I play back a recording in MythTV sometimes I get no
>    Khanh> video, but I do get sound.  Rebooting "fixes" the problem
>    Khanh> for a few days until it suddenly happens again.  The error
>    Khanh> logs don't shout anything obvious.  I was going to try
>    Khanh> ck77b after some reading.
>
>Sometimes I have noticed similar problems, all I get is a black
>screen.
>
>It seems related to the X-Server in some respect, as if I start a new
>X-server (as :1) it works fine, but if I switch back to the old
>X-server (ctrl-alt-f7), I get the same results again.
>
>I haven't yet worked out what triggers it.

Sounds like an Xv problem (restarting X resets Xv).  Are you using xine
with the -vo xv driver?  If so, check out the thread
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/72823 , which
references the thread http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1597 .

Khan, this may be your problem, too, if using Xv.  If you're using a
PVR-350 with the 350's TV out, it's not the problem, though (since the
350's TV out does not support Xv).

HTH.

Mike